Pupils are required to wear:
- Either, a black skirt, shorts or trousers. Please note: skirts and shorts can only be purchased from our uniform supplier (Stevenson’s at 67 Ber Street, Norwich, NR1 3AD) as they require the school logo and must be a suitable length.
Black trousers – smart and tailored (not skinny fit, jeans, leggings, jeggings, or combat). Belts can be worn provided they are not fashion belts and they fit inside the belt loops.
- Smart white collared shirt
- School tie (maroon with silver stripes) from our uniform supplier
- Black blazer with LSHS logo from our uniform supplier
- Optional grey cardigan or jumper of plain design (not PE tops nor hoodies)
- Tights should be plain black, dark grey or a natural colour.
- Sensible black leather or leather-look shoes – trainers are not allowed.
- Outdoor coats must not be worn inside the school. Hoodies of any description are not allowed. Outdoor headwear is not allowed to be worn inside the school.
Physical Education Wear:
- LSHS PE top with school logo (only available from our uniform supplier)
- Plain black or LSHS sweatshirt with the school logo (optional) (only available from our uniform supplier)
- A pair of long plain black shorts (soccer/hockey style)
- Sports socks
- Gum shield for sports such as rugby and hockey
- Trainers with non-marking soles and studded boots for the 3G pitch (not blades or flat-bottomed trainers)
- Plain black tracksuit bottoms are an optional extra for sports activities
- Long hair must be tied up neatly and securely
- All jewellery must be removed during PE lessons
All pupils need to wear protective clothing for DT and a suitable apron can be purchased from our uniform supplier.
The wearing of jewellery in school is considered a health and safety risk. A single, plain stud in either or each ear is acceptable. Ear spacers, spikes and stretchers are not allowed. No body, nose, mouth or facial piercing are allowed. Badges that have been awarded by the school may be worn, but other badges are not allowed. A crucifix is allowed but other types of jewellery, including rings, may not be worn. If a pupil is wearing or has brought into school items that are not allowed, they must be removed and will be confiscated.
Pupils in Years 10 and 11 are allowed to use a minimal amount of subtle make-up. Nail varnish and false nails are not allowed. Pupils will be asked to remove excess make-up, nail varnish and false nails in school.
Pupils should have their hair arranged in a smart, tidy manner which conforms to health and safety considerations. Artificially coloured hair, which is not of a natural colour, is not allowed.
Lost property will be reduced if garments are marked with pupils’ names. The school recognises the diversity of its students and its obligation to equal opportunities. Any items worn or brought into school that do not conform to the school’s uniform will be confiscated. If parents have specific concerns about uniform, please contact the Headteacher.